Video Screencast Help

Management Console Server Upgrade takes too long to progress (SEP 12.1 RU2)

Created: 22 Dec 2012 • Updated: 07 Jan 2013 | 9 comments
kintachi's picture

Hi,

I have SEP 12.1 RU1 MP1, and I upgrade it to SEP 12.1 RU2. The installation was complete until it reaches the management console configuration wizard. It takes too long to progress, the loading bar does'nt move.

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

_Brian's picture

How long has it been? Is the server hung?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

kintachi's picture

Hi Brian,

Actually after 1 hr and 45 mins. the progress bar of the management console does'nt move. until it was finish. Then we tried to run the SEPM, but the SEPM dont run.

_Brian's picture

Is the SEPM service running?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

kintachi's picture

Upon checking on the services, SEPM is running. Also as I check the services I observe that there is no Symantec Embedded Database running. I dont remember if I missed procedures or steps on migrating SEP versions, I think I follow the migration guides properly.

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

Run upgrade.bat to update schema to new version:

1- Stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager services;

click in start --> run --> type services.msc --> stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

2- Go to <local drive>\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin\upgrade.bat

Let all upgrade process finish and reopen console Manager . Generally the SEPM services starts after upgrade done.

Secondly, Did you follow the Best Practice Article  - 

Best practices for upgrading to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163700

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

Ajit Jha's picture

Try to restart the server and then retry.

Also try posting the scm-server0.log from C:/program files/Symantec/Symantec Endpoint protection maanger/Tomcat/logs/scm-server-0.log

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

kintachi's picture

Hi All,

Update for this issue. After reinstalling java runtime environment I ran upgrade.bat. Database schema was successfully upgraded. After this I ran again the management configuration wizard and it was also successfully completed. The problem is, we are unable to login to the SEP manager. As I checked the services, SEPM stopped. I tried to start the SEPM services and error occurs. Please see screenshot of error that I encounter.

Ashish-Sharma's picture

HI,

can you pass on the scm-server-0.log, this is located at tomcat\logs\ folder of SEPM installed directory

Also pass the SEPM manager Login Error screen shot.

Thanks In Advance

Ashish Sharma

pete_4u2002's picture

what is the JRE version?
post the scm-server-0.log after restarting the service and login attempt?