Master Server not seeing Robot after configuration
This is an Oracle/ Sun StorageTek SL150 with two tape drives. We’re running NBU 7.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2. This was working just fine for 2-3 months without issue. We needed to add in new tapes and this is how events occurred:
- When tape drive was setup Admin password was set but not documented
- Needed to add in more tapes
- Could not take tape drive offline - Pulled out tape drive anyway and added tapes (bad idea, I know..)
- Rebooted tape drive/ server – inventoried robot
- Decided to reset tape drive since we couldn’t manage the tape drive properly without an admin password
- Held down both locator buttons and reset tape drive
- Server was already shut down – shut down tape drive
- Turned on tape drive – reconfigured with the exact same settings (same name, ip, etc)
- Rebooted tape drive all the way up to operational state
- Turned on server – was able to see the new tapes and inventory robot
- Jobs failed that night with error code or job status of 2009 – I think
- Decided to remove robot from NBU and re- add it in like I’ve done before with the older tape drives.
- Remove from NBU and Device drivers
- Shut down server
- Shut down tape drive
- Restart tape drive – all the way up to operational state
- Restart server
- Installed drivers for Tape drive (Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-5 drive x4)
- Could not find drivers for Medium Changer Devices that automatically installed– then found Hewlett Packard 1x8 G2 autoloader (x64 based) x2 and installed it manually
- Cannot reconfigure – The robot shows up as un-configured and unknown.
- It allows me to “Configure Storage Devices” but then only shows tape drives and not the robot once finished
I don’t know what to do from here. I’m not doing anything different from when we originally got this tape drive working and I don’t know why it is seeing the drives and not seeing the robot.
Any thoughts? I don’t know what else I could try.