Media server backup stop/hung on certain schedule/pool
This problem happened again in our system (actually I reported similar problem https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/net... but no solution yet). We are using NetBackup 188.8.131.52 Master server running on RHel 6.1, the media server that are in problem are running HPUX and Windows 2008.
This what was happening:
- All this media server backup for all pool/schedule already running fine for several months
- Last monday sudenly some power failure happened in the computer room so many of the server (NetBackup clients) rebooted, I believe some of the server didn't reboot perfectly (like maybe some services were not up, or evern the system was not up, but it took times for us to check one by one)
- After the power failure the Daily_Incre schedule (we don't actually use the NetBackup scheduler we use external one and using script) begin to have problem, if it backup hit the still down server (nb client) the backup that have the same schedule on that particular media server will hung
- The hung netbackup job I cannot killed from the GUI , I had to kill on the media server itself, I only killed one of them the rest will also be killed by themeselves
- During this time, backup running on the same media server but different schedule/pool were running fine
- (I said Schedule/Pool because in my system every Job Schedule will go the its own Pool)
My quesions are:
- When it backup to certain failed client (like the down/cannot be ping), why it didn't just immediately fail, but causing the whole schedule/pool to be hanged?
- Is it some timeout set to infinity, but what is the parameter?