Media Set Not Appendable : Slots Fail to Mount (HP StorageWorks 1/8 and Backup Exec 2010)
Created: 28 Jul 2013 | Updated: 05 Aug 2013 | 32 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.
Hi Fellow Members
I configured a Backup Job to run during the weekend. The Job is configured to backup a small NAS Server.
- The backup was targeted to a Media Set containing 3 Tapes of 400 GB each.
- The 3 tapes are in Slots 6, 7 and 8 respectively.
- The Media Set has an Overwrite Protection of 27 Days.
- The Media Set has an Append Period of 2 Days
- The Job started on 25th July at 21:00 hours and the Tape from Slot 6 was mounted.
- On 26th July at 09:09:00 hours the log file states a "Drive and Media Mount Requested". What I understand according to this log entry is that Slot 7 was never mounted after Slot 6 was full.
- Under Devices Slots 7 and 8 show up as "Not Appendable" while slot 6 shows up as "Not Appendable (Media Full)".
- I am struggling to understand that if the Append Period is 2 Days and the Job started on 25th July at 21:00:00 hours , why was the Tape from Slot 7 not mounted on 26th July at 09:09:00 (as per the log).
If i have made a configuration error - can someone please point it out to me ?
Thanks a Lot !