Memory Leak in Symantec Management Agent 7.1 on Windows 2008 R2 Servers
During the evaluation phase of the Symantec Management Agent 7.1 (7.1.15350.8350) we just found a memory leak in the AexNSAgentHostSurrogate32.exe process on all our Windows 2008 R2 Servers. The memory usage is growing pretty fast on all our site servers and a bit slower on our managed servers. So we talk about 5-10 MByte a day. On a server systems this could be up to 300 MByte (just a calculated value) a month, which is a critical amout for us.
With this post I would like to inform other SMA Users about this leak and I would like to gather some more information about this topic.
1. Do you have this memory leak also in your environment?
2. When did you detect this memory leak?
3. Do you have long term experience about the memory leak behaviour? (growth rate, maximum memory usage, effects to the agent functionality)
4. Do you have some more details about this memory leak? (cause, solutions)
5. Is there a a simple and reliable workaround for large environment?
It would be great to get some responses. Thank a lot.