Critical System Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Message "IA_0023: Symantec IDS Service has started and Stopped

Posted Mar 21, 2011 10:50 PM

Hi,

I just wanna ask for below status,

IA_0023: Symantec IDS Service has started

IA_0024: Symantec IDS Service is stopping

we've above status on our SCSP Console, could some one help me why this status always accours in one of our agent?

and please tell me what is Symantec IDS is?

Does this status will appears if we stopped the services? or it's posible if this status can appears automatically without we are doing anything.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Message "IA_0023: Symantec IDS Service has started and Stopped

Posted Mar 23, 2011 05:12 PM

That error message is generic and would happen any time the service is downed or started I.E.  reboot, crash, restarting the service.

There are too many possible causes to list here.

What is happening when this issue occurs? What OS, product version are you running? How many clients is this happening on?

IDS service is the Host Intrusion Protection Service.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH112877&actp=search&viewlocale=es_ES&searchid=1300914504982

Regards,

Thomas

• 3.  RE: Message "IA_0023: Symantec IDS Service has started and Stopped

Posted May 06, 2011 10:49 AM

The Symantec IDS service is the Intrusion Detection Service.  

There is also a Symantec IPS service (Intrusion Prevention Service) that runs on the agent.  They both need to be running for the product to function properly, even if you are not using IPS.

As Thomas mentioned, this event will be recorded with every startup/shutdown of the service.  If you need to locate the reason for the event, run a Collect Agent Info on the machine after one of these events shows up and contact Support to have the logs analyzed.