Patch Management Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Microsoft Advisory KB2949927

Posted Oct 30, 2014 06:10 PM

Can you tell me the Symantec Bulletin name for KB2949927 ?  I have heard that Microsoft has pulled back the update which is listed as Availability of SHA-2 Hashing Algorithm for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.  Our security guys would like to install it on a test machine but I couldn't find the update out in the Symantec downloads.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Microsoft Advisory KB2949927

Posted Nov 03, 2014 10:28 AM

Hello spritchet,

Microsoft has pulled this update from the download center per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2949927; under the 'More Information' section and detailed as follows:

The security update that is described in the security advisory was removed from the Download Center because of an issue with the update. Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available. 

Additionally, if you ever find an update that you are unable to isolate the bundled Bulletin; please review the steps outlined on KM: TECH198736, for this walks through how to find the update in the Patch Remediation Center and other methods, and if you cannot find it, how to request it be added for supportability.

Furthermore, this article outlines why certain updates, like Advisories, are not supported. For example; some do not have a package to download or require user interaction like acceptance of a EULA, and that is not a product function for Patch Management Solution.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this requested update and I will be happy to help.

Thank you,

Joshua