Deployment Solution

View Only

Microsoft Outlook 2007 and KVS Vault

• 1.  Microsoft Outlook 2007 and KVS Vault

Posted Sep 03, 2009 09:55 AM
    Has anyone successfully migrated a users Outlook 2007 with KVS vault? Now let me further that question by saying without Having to download and synchronize MB and GB of mail folders with the Exchange Server. We also do not use .pst files.

I have created a Personality package that successfully brings over all of the required personality features and settings we want except I cannot seem to seemlessly get Outlook 2007 with KVS vaulted mail. When I distribute the package everything I've captured applies. I've even looked into the personality capture .exe file created to see that I have everything from:

"<userprofile>\Local Settings\Application Data\KVS\Enterprise Vault\" (and all subfiles) 
    "<userprofile>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\" (and all subfiles)
    "<userprofile>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\" (and again, all subfiles)

When re-image their computer and redeploy the personality package I'm fine. Once I open Outlook I am prompted to answer the KVS vault responses and then Outlook opens and begins downloading and synchronizing all of the mail. This is the process I want to prevent (if that's even possible). I've read a number of forum articles on this topic. I've also noticed that a new .ost file is created (outlook0.ost) and of course under Outlook profiles I have:

Control Panel > Mail > Show profiles

Outlook
    Backup of Outlook

I want to know if anyone has found a method to seemlessly migrate the files and settings to readily open Outlook and have all files in place and prevent the downloading of emails from the exchange server.