Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 - Event ID 513

Posted Dec 01, 2013 07:08 PM

A client's new server is getting the following error:

"Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
    AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary EraserUtilRebootDrv.

System Error:
    The system cannot find the file specified."

I've searched this site and found a couple of posts about checking permissions on system files in the "Registration" folder and to be sure the System Writer is present, which I did in both cases.  They are not the problem.  The problem seems solely to be the inability of Backup Exec 12.1 (1798.1244) to find the Symantec Endpoint Protection EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys and indeed it is nowhere to be found.  It has been replaced with EraserUtilDrv11312.sys in SEP version 12.1.4013 to which this client was upgraded recently. 

So why is Backup Exec looking for a SEP file that no longer exists?  I am posting this here because other posts I found have concluded this is not a Backup Exec issue but a SEP issue.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

• 2.  RE: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 - Event ID 513

• 3.  RE: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 - Event ID 513

Posted Dec 02, 2013 09:25 AM

Mithun,

Thank you for your reply to my post.  However, I don't believe you read my entire post; otherwise you would have seen that the two issues noted in the links you posted were already investigated and were not relevant.  Are there any other relevant suggestions to the issue of the missing file that you might have?

• 4.  RE: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 - Event ID 513

Posted Dec 02, 2013 11:14 AM

You may be best off opening a support case for this one.

• 5.  RE: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 - Event ID 513

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Dec 02, 2013 01:13 PM

Hello,

I would suggest you to please create a case with Symantec Technical Support - 

Check these Steps below:

How to create a new case in MySymantec

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58873

Phone numbers to contact Tech Support:-

Regional Support Telephone Numbers:

• United States: https://support.broadcom.com (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
    • Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
    • United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000

Additional contact numbers: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_t...

Hope that helps!!

• 6.  RE: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 - Event ID 513

Posted Mar 05, 2014 07:48 AM

Has anyone seen a resolution to this? I have this error on many of the WIndows 2008 servers we back up that have this latest version of SEP. It is not unique to BackupExec, but it appears the installing the latest client version does not correctly clean up the list of files the VSS writer is expecting to find.