Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Migrated BE2012 but now devices appears as shared

Created: 09 May 2013 • Updated: 09 May 2013 | 4 comments

Hi, 

Migrated BE2012 from 2003 32bit to 2008 R2 64bit copied over fine, connected the tape drive and its showing up with a hand under it, and in the properties it says its shared with the old server. How do you unshare the device or remove the link from the old server?

I've also got 2 B2D drives that are also showing as shared.

Presume its something in the database?

Regards, 

Pete

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

Hello Pete,

When you right click on the Tape drive do you get the option to uncheck the Share drive option?

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

HolgateITS's picture

Hello Sush, 

Nope, no option to share or unshare on the right click menu - not even a greyed out option.

Thanks, 

Pete

HolgateITS's picture

I think this might be due to the fact the original server is still appearing in the list on servers, and am unable to delete it. Could it be that it still thinks that server is a backup exec host and therefor sharing the devices?

So.. how do I remove a server from the list if It doesn't show "remove"?

Pete

Sush...'s picture

Hello Pete,

My guess is that this would require manually editing of Backup Exec Database. I would request you to open a Support case for this issue so that it would be properly troubleshooted.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!