Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Migrating to 10.1.7 and SEP

Posted Nov 13, 2008 10:52 PM

I'm about to upgrade the four SAV servers involved in our corporate enviornment and want to ask some questions to ensure everything is completely thought out. I have enherited 4x 10.1.6.6000 servers and I plan on upgrading two to 10.1.7 and two to SEP keeping the primary on 10.1.7.

Q1:  is it possible to mix the versions on a network? I have some users that are using ver 11 and are unsupported. We know that the eventual migration to SEP/11 is coming (3-4 months away) and need to prepare. 

Q2:  does SEP use a grc.dat file?

Q3:  Will there be a conflict with SEP with the primary being on 10?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Migrating to 10.1.7 and SEP

Posted Nov 13, 2008 11:44 PM

As far as having an environment of both SAV 10.1.7 and SEP 11, there is nothing that prevents that

However, as far as having them managed by the same console utility, I would guess that may not be possible, not sure there.

Some of the other contributors here might be able to speak to that possibility

• 3.  RE: Migrating to 10.1.7 and SEP

Posted Nov 18, 2008 06:18 PM

The most recent version of SEP is 10.1.8.8000

1 - mixed environment is only supported as seperate servers etc. Just have management servers for the new and old clients

2 - SEP uses sylink.xml which is slightly different, you will need to read up on the changes.

3 - SEP manager cannot manage 10.x or below clients. They need their own 10.x server