Migrating to Exchange 2010, using BE 2010
We currently run B2D backups to external eSata drives that we take offsite, on a Windows 2003 physical box. We are migrating to Exchange 2010 soon and - of course I took for granted nothing would have to change on BE, TOTALLY my bad but still needs fixing ASAP.
- What I want is the best practice and what actually works in the real worlld. We will be virtualizing, through VM Ware, the Exchange server on a 2008 platform. I have my BE 2012-level agents already as part of my yearly renewal.
- MUST we move BE to a 64 bit box? We will backup the .vmdk for server restoration but require granular full and incremental mailbox backups.
- If I must move my BE isntallation, can it be virtualized or do I need a physical server? My VM guy can provide a way for me to access the eSata drives, either for direct B2D jobs or as a copy location after the job is done.
- We only get one server, will not be using advanced features of 2010 like Unified Messaging or DAG.
- Since I totally spaced on THIS part, is there anything I am not asking that I should?
Thanks to all!