Migrating a group of SEPM 11.0 client on existing server to a new server with different IP and hostname
Currently one of the customer is requesting solution how to migrate group of users on the existing server to a new server with different ip and hostname. Please the existing server will still be used..
I have found this article.
Below is the step as i modifed a few the last few step. pls advise if it is able to work based on the steps. Tks
- Install Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager on New SG server
NOTE: The version installed to the new server must be the same version as on the old server. The new management console can be migrated to a newer version once the transition is complete.
2. In the Management Server Configuration Wizard panel, check Install an additional site, and then click Next
3 In the Server Information panel, accept or change the default values for the following boxes, and then click Next
•Server Data Folder
4. In the Site Information panel, accept or change the name in the Site Name box, and then click Next
5. In the Replication Information panel, type values in the following boxes:
•Replication Server Name
The Name or IP address of MACHINE_1
•Replication Server Port
The default is 8443.
The Username used to log on to the old console.
The password used to log on to the old console.
6. Click Next
7. In the Certificate Warning dialog box, click Yes
8. In the Database Server Choice panel, do one of the following, and then click Next:
Check Embedded database or Microsoft SQL server (whichever database type you'd prefer to install), then complete the installation.
9. Log in to the new SEPM on new Server and ensure that all the clients and policies have Migrated successfully.
10. Click Policies > Policy Components > Management Server Lists > Add Management Server List
11. Click Add> Priority and a new Priority would get added named as "Priority2"
12. Add old server under Priority 2 and add new server under Priority 1, and assign this New Management Server List to specific groups SG
13 .Wait at least one replication cycle.
14. Once verified that specific group of the clients are reporting into the new SEPM, and have moved away from the old one, proceed to the next step.
15. Delete the Replication Partner from new server SEPM: Click on the Admin button | Under View Servers, Expand Replication Partners and select the partner to delete | Under Tasks, choose Delete Replication Partner | Type Yes when asked to verify deletion of the replication partner.