Migrating master role
I have a 7.1 Windows media/master server that I need to migrate off just the master role to a new VM server. I have read most of the technotes and information I can find. I will be keeping the same OS, same hostname and same install path for NBU. I am not clear on how to bring up the old server as a media server only. How do I stop just the master related functionality without impacting the media server role. Here is my outline for the steps I plan on taking. Does this look acceptable?
- Build VM which will be same OS version, same hostname and same install directory for NBU as the old master/media (different IP though)
- Backup catalog on old master
- Stop services on old master
- Rename old master/media to new name
- Rename new master VM to same name as old
- Update dns with new names/IP’s
- Install Netbackup on new VM and make master
- Restore catalog to new master
- Start old server as media server only How?