Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Migration of SEP 11.x to SEP 12.1 RU2

Created: 24 Nov 2012 • Updated: 26 Nov 2012 | 8 comments
kintachi's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi All,

Does anyone here experience upgrading SEP 11.x to SEP 12.1 RU2? Although I've read it in the new features of SEP 12.1 RU2, I want confirmation if it is trully effective without passing on the migration path in the previous versions, Please confirmed, so I can proceed upgrading without hesitation. Thanks. ^^,

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

pete_4u2002's picture

did test in lab, it's successful. Can you let know your concern regarding the upgrade.

Sumit G's picture

What is you current running version in 11.x

Regards

Sumit G.

kintachi's picture

Hi All,

For now, I have SEP 11 (i dont know the exact version). Before I upgrade it to SEP 12.1 RU1 MP1, I encountered failure on migration wizard. Always hanged up at 3%. I afraid to encounter again that issue thats why I want to clear if it was fix on this new version. Thanks. ^___^

pete_4u2002's picture

the upgrade should have been SEPM 12.1 Ru1 them to Ru1 MP1.

Since Ru2 is available, you may try in UAT

.Brian's picture

Yes, have had no issues. You can upgrade directly to 12.1 RU2 from any version of 11.x.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SOLUTION
kintachi's picture

Hi All,

Today is my schedule on upgrading my current version, I'll inform you whatever happen. Thank you all.

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2 (RU2) can upgrade seamlessly over the following:

• Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1101.401 (RU1 MP1)
  • Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1000.157 (RU1)
  • Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.671.4971 (RTM)
  • Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x (can be upgraded to enterprise version only)
  • Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.0

Here are few Articles which you may refer while Upgrading to SEP 12.1 RU2

Best practices for upgrading to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163700

Upgrading or migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2 (RU2)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197426

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

kintachi's picture

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the confirmation. I upgrade my SEP 11 RU6 direct to SEP 12.1 RU2, and it was successful. ^^,

Hi All,

Thanks for the other migrating options.