File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  minimal functionality of WDE on os x 10.6.8

Posted Aug 17, 2012 06:59 PM

Own Macbook Pro and have all of a sudden encountered strange condition wherein PGP WDE drop-down menu items are "active," but only for a split second before they scroll away from where they appeared.  Further, while trying to decrypt a file got msg "Error. The file could not be decrypted/verified."

Cannot open any of the icons within the main desktop gui, frame basics are inactive; can't use minimize, quit or increase buttons at all, screen is just dead with no interface capabiities...

Clues, ideas?

• 2.  RE: minimal functionality of WDE on os x 10.6.8

Posted Aug 17, 2012 07:00 PM

I moved you to a new thread to get more visibility since that is an old thread from over a year ago. I would check and see what Java version you are running on there and make sure that you have the latest one for Mac OSx.  Are you WDE encrypted? DO other applications seem to do this as well? Or is this behavior only exhibited in PGP?

• 3.  RE: minimal functionality of WDE on os x 10.6.8

Posted Aug 22, 2012 07:03 PM

Have you tried reinstalling the software?  THat is a possibility as well.

• 4.  RE: minimal functionality of WDE on os x 10.6.8

Posted Aug 22, 2012 11:02 PM

Hi Ben;

Thank you for your input, I got the problem solved already, but an interesting note...  I somehow had misplaced or erased the keys and nothing would/could function without them.  I could NOT uninstall WDE without first decrypting the pgp files I had stored on my Mac.

Long story shortened; everything is great and I got my life back after reinstalling my keys!

Thanks again!