File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Missing Organization Tab in PGP Universal Server 3.2.1 after key renewal?

Posted Jul 11, 2012 03:56 PM

Since Symantec's tech support has been non-existent for this issue, my organization's self-signed key expired and thus was renewed. Now, the Organization tab has been missing from the top of the PGP Universal Server console. As a result, the key is invalid for backups, so I haven't had a backup in a few weeks.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what to try?

• 2.  RE: Missing Organization Tab in PGP Universal Server 3.2.1 after key renewal?

Posted Jul 12, 2012 04:24 AM

The organization tab is completely missing?  That doesn't sound good at all, and sounds like something has gone wrong with apache and tomcat.  Have you restarted those services?

• 3.  RE: Missing Organization Tab in PGP Universal Server 3.2.1 after key renewal?

Posted Jul 13, 2012 03:47 PM

I've restarted both apache and tomcat via command line and even bounced the server just in case. No bueno.

• 4.  RE: Missing Organization Tab in PGP Universal Server 3.2.1 after key renewal?

Posted Jul 13, 2012 04:02 PM

Good news is that I can backup via command line, they're just unsigned, which I don't think should be a big deal. At least I hope not...

• 5.  RE: Missing Organization Tab in PGP Universal Server 3.2.1 after key renewal?

Posted Jul 16, 2012 04:45 AM

If this is still an issue I would log a support case with Symantec.  I've never heard a instance where an entire tab is missing from the site.  I assume you do mean the "Organization Keys" tab.