Washington DC Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Monitor Pack for Microsoft Lync 2013

Posted Nov 04, 2013 02:37 PM

We are deploying Lync 2013 and was wondering if any monitor packs exist for Montor Solution? We will be using Lync with enterprise voice in the next month or two and we are looking for a way to get alerts ahead of time if there are issues with the system.

• 2.  RE: Monitor Pack for Microsoft Lync 2013

Posted Dec 06, 2013 12:59 PM

If you cannot find one on this site, then either there isnt one or one hasnt been posted.

You can always create your own pack.  The easiest way is to find out what rules other vendor products use for that application, and then create your rules based off of them, unless the Lync documentation provides all the relevant information.

• 3.  RE: Monitor Pack for Microsoft Lync 2013

Posted Dec 06, 2013 01:15 PM

Painfully slow. Our team here is debating to just install System Center since they already have a monitor pack.

As a customer, I expect to have packs available to download for many of the common suites out there. Most of the time I can't even find stuff for Symantec products let alone anything else.

• 4.  RE: Monitor Pack for Microsoft Lync 2013

Posted Dec 06, 2013 04:31 PM

I have sent you a pm with some advice.

• 5.  RE: Monitor Pack for Microsoft Lync 2013

Posted Jan 27, 2014 02:06 PM

Do you still need assistance?

• 6.  RE: Monitor Pack for Microsoft Lync 2013

Posted Feb 14, 2014 02:51 PM

Nothing came out of my meeting. Another nail in the coffin when it comes to monitoring is that SolarWinds has Lync monitoring add-on's too, yet Symantec has nothing.

http://www.solarwinds.com/solutions/lync-monitor.aspx

• 7.  RE: Monitor Pack for Microsoft Lync 2013

Posted Feb 14, 2014 03:06 PM

Thats a real pity.  You could escalate the product limitation internally so that it gets more attention; or, you could take a look at SolarWinds and use that information to create your own monitor pack, and then share it with the community as an article.