Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Move GSS 2.5.1 from one computer to another

Posted Jun 30, 2012 02:57 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

We're looking forward in moving our ghost console installation from our previous HP 8000 elite CMT to a beefier Dell poweredge (entry level) server.

It should be a cross-architecture move from windows XP SP3 32bits to windows 7 64 bits.

I read a lot of post from Nigel Bree where the process is covered in detail, but the script to backup the database fails at some point.

Since the most recent script was aired around 2007, there's nothing to expect for the latest GSS build, isn't it ?

• 2.  RE: Move GSS 2.5.1 from one computer to another

Posted Jun 30, 2012 07:02 AM

The official place for the scripts is https://code.google.com/p/gss-scripts/ - 2007 was actually when the first script in the set was written (during a month I was forced to go on vaction, having not taken any for several years - not having access to source control for the main product source meant being creative at finding something useful to do). That has later code than is included in the product distributions, and most likely using those current versions will resolve things for you.

They haven't needed a whole lot of maintenance since, and I don't expect any new bugs to appear but if you have any trouble with the scripts once you download the latest set in the main zip archive there on the Google Code page, I will look into it - but do file an issue there rather than report here.

• 3.  RE: Move GSS 2.5.1 from one computer to another

Posted Jun 30, 2012 08:18 PM

Thanks for your reply, i was already using the latest zip when i reported here first.

i'll fill an error report in the gss-scripts repository.