Moving task to secondary EV Server
In our present scenario, we have deployed 1 EV server for 2 exchange clusters and following components are running on the current EV Server:
1. Two Mailbox Archiving Task.
2. Journal Archiving Task
3. Storage, Indexing, Shopping, Task Controller Services.
Archives are stored in the Data Domain (Partiton F) and Indexes are being stored in Clarion Storage (Partiton D)
Now in the same site we planning to add additional EV server, which will run Journal archiving and PST migration from there.
Now few things on which i need assistant:
1. Can we mount same drive D and F mounted on primary EV server to secondary EV server. Can both EV servers write at the same time on these drives.
2. If we move journal archiving task from Primary EV server to Secondary EV, which EV server storage and indexing service will work on this journal archive.
3. Do we need to change the index location of journal archive to secondary EV server.