Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  MS cluster configuration for SEP 12 on Windows 2008 R2

Posted Jul 03, 2012 01:20 PM

Based on what I have found on line the SEP client is not cluster aware. I have found a very limited  article TECH100479, but it doesn’t answer any of my questions related to how SEP should be configured to avoid  issues during fail over. It is recommended that real time scanning not be installed, but I believe the concern is with filter drivers.

Given that we have a file share cluster, with many volumes and mount points, how should SEP be configured to  avoid file lock issues during fail over.  Microsoft KB240309 has one turning off the symevent driver, but this would probably just break Symantec. Is there a comprehensive white paper that reviews  file locking, real time scanning, exclusions. Basically a comprehensive guide to setup Symantec polices so that users file shares are protected without conflicts with cluster resources.

• 2.  RE: MS cluster configuration for SEP 12 on Windows 2008 R2

Posted Jul 04, 2012 02:29 AM

MS Cluster as in Microsoft?

This forum is for Veritas Cluster only... Maybe best to ask on SEP forum?

*** EDIT ***

Moved to correct forum.

• 3.  RE: MS cluster configuration for SEP 12 on Windows 2008 R2

Posted Jul 27, 2012 12:49 PM

There is a best practise KB from MS about this. Check the link below

How to Configure Antivirus Software on a Cluster

If you need more info, maybe you can find something HERE.

Windows Anti-Virus Exclusion List (en-US)

• 4.  RE: MS cluster configuration for SEP 12 on Windows 2008 R2

Posted Jul 28, 2012 02:06 AM

I have configured the same Architecture (Cluster of FS) and SEP Agent onto it. We tested as Drill Down and found no as such issue.

Dnt know about your case.

• 5.  RE: MS cluster configuration for SEP 12 on Windows 2008 R2

Posted Jul 28, 2012 07:40 AM

Installing a Symantec Endpoint Protection client to a cluster server

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91154

You would like to install a SEP client on a Windows 2000/2003/2008 cluster. In Windows 2000 and 2003, this is referred to as "Windows Clustering" (as opposed to Network Load-balancing). In Windows 2008, this type of clustering has been renamed to High Availability/Failover Clustering.

Follow the Doc it helps alot........