Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  MS10-015 Blue Screen of Death (Are we affected?)

Posted Feb 12, 2010 09:40 AM
    Many reports have been produced with users receiving a blue screen of death after the February patches have been installed.  Microsoft believes it may be related to MS10-015, and they have pulled the patch from their update site.  Should be concerned about being affected by this issue?  As for right now I believe it might be wise to hold off on installing this patch company wide.  I am posting this just to see if anyone at Altiris has taken a look at this.  Hopefully this the first post related to this issue... if not I apologize for the double post.

Link: http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10452064-245.html

• 2.  RE: MS10-015 Blue Screen of Death (Are we affected?)

Posted Feb 12, 2010 10:37 AM
    Yes, we noticed a few blue screens on a test of MS10-015 prior to the official release - which was supposed to be a fixed version but nevertheless we have decided to omit this patch until next month.
    Clearly there continue to be issues with this patch

• 3.  RE: MS10-015 Blue Screen of Death (Are we affected?)

Posted Feb 15, 2010 03:58 AM
    I'm still testing these new patches in our virtual environment and no problems till now.  But I will post information  in case of BSOD happens in some VM.

• 4.  RE: MS10-015 Blue Screen of Death (Are we affected?)

Posted Feb 15, 2010 04:03 AM
    About this issue , I found the Tidserv and MS10-015 blog , there is a nice description about issues related to MS10-015 patch.  Read it and also the Microsoft Article Update - Restart Issues After Installing MS10-015 .

• 5.  RE: MS10-015 Blue Screen of Death (Are we affected?)

Posted Mar 15, 2010 04:25 PM
    Does anybody know if the new PMImport updates MS10-015 to include Microsoft's new logic that prevents the security update from being installed on systems if certain abnormal conditions exist??

• 6.  RE: MS10-015 Blue Screen of Death (Are we affected?)
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 18, 2010 06:23 PM
    Lisa,
    Please see my reply to your thread about this question.

All,
    Don't worry; the rootkit authors have patched their rootkit so that it no longer conflicts with the MS10-015 patch!  We can all rest easy again!   Too bad; at least a BSOD'd machine was a great way to identify a compromised PC.  This one in particular is quite nasty and requires a hard disk vendor disk tool or DODWipe-type software to ensure the viral code is removed completely.  I think there are some articles here on Connect about it as well.