Video Screencast Help

MS13-004: NDP45-KB2742613-x64.exe fails to install

Created: 18 Jan 2013 • Updated: 29 Jan 2013 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

We are having installation failures for one patch in MS13-004: NDP45-KB2742613-x64.exe.

Manual installation through the URL to the SMP server appears to run successfully as does a manual running of the update directly downloaded from Microsoft. However, the Altiris supplied standard command line (/norestart /q) reports failure to install. As a verification I tried the custom command line with the same switches.

Additionally, regardless of a successful installation this update does not show as an installed update in Windows 7 Professional.

Logs are attached.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Roman Vassiljev's picture

Hi Greg,

I tried to reproduce this issue on my environment, but have not managed. As I see from attached logs verification of installation fails on your machine. Most likely it means that Assessment scan does not detect that update is installed.

Could you please provide more files from the affected machine?
I would like to check STPatchAssessment.xml and STPatchAssessment.log from client, where NDP45-KB2742613-x64.exe is not detected as installed in spite of successful installation. These files are usually located at "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\SoftwareManagement\Software Delivery\{6D417916-467C-46A7-A870-6D86D9345B61}\cache\""

Thanks,
Roman

Greg Englund's picture

Thanks for responding.

Attached are the requested files as well as an updated agent log file set.

AttachmentSize
ISM38300_STPatchAssessment.zip 408.24 KB
ISM38300_AgentLogs.zip 167.37 KB

Greg Englund

Clark County Infrastructure Services

Clark County, Washington

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the attached logs!

I have reproduced same behaviour.
Patch Data team was informed about this issue.

Thank you,
Roman

Greg Englund's picture

Thanks, Roman, for your attention to this!!

Greg Englund

Clark County, Washington

Hi Greg,

This issue is not reproducible anymore on my environment with Patch Data 7.1.389.
Could you please check if it is resolved with the latest Patch Data on your machines?

Thank you,
Roman

SOLUTION
Greg Englund's picture

Hi Roman,

I renabled the patch after verifying the Patch Data version and it is now showing accurately as already installed.

Thank you for taking care of this for us! It is very much appreciated!!

-- Greg

Greg Englund

Clark County, Washington