Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

MSWU-001 fails to download through Patch Remediation Center

Created: 01 Feb 2013 • Updated: 11 Feb 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

There are two updates that comprise MSWU-001: one for WMP9 and one for WMP10. Even unchecking the update that fails to download does not allow the bulletin to download partially.

The location it's trying to download from: http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/c/b/8cb07a83-3b1c-4a95-a1c7-4e788c113829/windowsmedia9-kb892313-x86-intl.exe. The URL appears to be broken, even if you try to download the file yourself. So the problem is either on Microsoft's side for not providing a new download location or on SMP's side for not pointing to an updated download location that the PRC can use.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Roman Vassiljev's picture

Hi Manny Castillo,

You are right - URL is not working. Looks like there is problem on Microsoft's side - URLs provided on their page are broken : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892313

I could not download the following updates from Microsoft site:
- Windows Media Player 10 for Windows Server 2003, 32 bit edition
- Windows Media Player 10 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, 64 bit editions
- Windows Media Player 9 Series for Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003

Patch Data team was informed about this issue

Thank you,
Roman

Roman Vassiljev's picture

Hi Manny Castillo,

Update windowsmedia9-kb892313-x86-intl.exe is not available for download anymore, thus this update has been removed from bulletin MSWU-001 in Patch Data 7.1.393
You should be able to download MSWU-001 containing windowsmedia10-kb892313-x86-intl.exe without errors now.

Thanks,
Roman

SOLUTION
Manny Castillo's picture

I was able to confirm this. Thanks! Now I am able to install the WMP 10 update.