Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  MSWU-431 - updated Feb 2012, updated file not coming down

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Feb 16, 2012 11:30 AM
      |   view attached

CMS 7.1 SP2

Computers are showing up as eligible for the new outlook junk email filter patch that came out, but the patch is failing to install on any of our computers (win7 ent sp1, outlook 2010).

I've done patch import yesterday and today.  Other Windows patches released for Feb are coming down and being installed successfully.

When I navigate to our patch download location, I see MSWU 431 hasn't been downloaded since December.

Anyone else seeing this?  I assume it's another patch bug with that file not being pushed, and I have a ticket in as well.

• 2.  RE: MSWU-431 - updated Feb 2012, updated file not coming down
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Feb 29, 2012 12:29 PM

For this issue, the fix was to go to Patch Remediation Center, all bulletins, right click on MSWU 431 and disable it.  Then right click and download it again.  Then the policy worked as expected.  

This is the outlook junk email filter update that gets updated each month, so if someone has issues with a reoccuring patch like this one where all of a sudden after patch Tuesday the patch is failing to install on all clients, this is something worth trying.