Video Screencast Help

MSWU-804 Reinstall Next Day

Created: 27 Sep 2013 • Updated: 15 Oct 2013 | 9 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

MSWU-804 was successfully installed but the next it installs again and fails. Something wrong with this patch? Anyone else with this issue?

Operating Systems:

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

Ky RP's picture

MSWU-804 keeps installing over and over on scheduled update cycle. Anyone else with this issue?

Sally5432's picture

I'm seeing this too.  I have a ticket in on it - glad to see it's not just me.  It looks like the remediation center isn't getting reported to properly the patch installed properly.  Windows update shows it was installed.

---
Don't forget to mark posts as helpful if they are, and mark answers as solutions.

Sally5432's picture

@battam866 did you get anywhere with support on this?

---
Don't forget to mark posts as helpful if they are, and mark answers as solutions.

Ky RP's picture

No, still waiting to hear from support. I since turned the policy off.

Sally5432's picture

@battam866 - fyi

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH211351

---

Sally5432's picture

This was fixed with PMImport 7.1.470 release

---

Joshua Rasmussen's picture

As detailed by Sally5432; this issue was resolved in the PMimport 7.1.470 release as outlined on KM: TECH211351.

Please post here, or contact Support, if there are any remaining questions or concerns regarding this issue.

SOLUTION
Charlie D Tran's picture

Would someone please help to instruct on how to modify IsApplicable rule as posted in http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH211351

Thanks so much,

Charlie.

Joshua Rasmussen's picture

The KM: TECH211351 outlines the fix is in the recent PMImport; please ensure your SMP is configured to download the PMImport and it will update and receive the fix.

Location of PMImport download configurations are on KM: HOWTO56242

If you have problems with PMImport downloading; troubleshooting is detailed on KM: TECH166778