Multiple Partition rollover on single NTFS volume
I have 2TB LUN created for one of the Enterprise Vault server. It is configured to use NTFS volume (G:\). I created 8 ‘250GB’ vault store partition.
- G:\Enterprise Vault Stores\VSMailbox Ptn1
- G:\Enterprise Vault Stores\VSMailbox Ptn2
- G:\Enterprise Vault Store\VSMailbox Ptn8
I’m trying to figure out how to configure Rollover based on 8 vault store partitions that I had created. I don’t want to create 8 LUN and assigned different drives for each LUNs. I figure that I should be able to use 2TB LUN on the server.
Since the Rollover is based on volume or time, I guess my only option is to use volume for rollover. My thought was to configure rollover based on “When volume reaches xxx GB free”.
- Pnt1 (250GB) ; When volume reaches 1750 GB free
- Pnt2 (250GB) ; When volume reaches 1500 GB free
- Pnt3 (250GB) ; When volumes reach 1250 GB free
- Pnt4 (250GB) ; When volumes reach 1000 GB free
- Pnt5 (250GB) ; When volumes reach 750 GB free
- Pnt6 (250GB) ; When volumes reach 500 GB free
- Pnt7 (250GB) ; When volumes reach 250 GB free
- Pnt8 (250GB) ;
When I tried to configure the rollover, I get a warning message
“A partition on this volume is already configured for volume-based rollover. We recommend that you do not configure volume-based rollover for more than one partition on a volume, unless you are using volume mount points. Are you sure want to continue?”
Would this approach work and safe to ignore the warning message?