Video Screencast Help

Multiple Servers? (Endpoint Small Business 12.0)

Created: 26 Apr 2010 • Updated: 26 Oct 2010 | 6 comments

Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.0
I have multiple sites on a WAN and would like to have the Protection Center installed on a server at each site to manage those clients. Is this possible, and is it also possible to "tie them all together" to manage them easier?

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Thomas K's picture

You can run dedicated managers at each loaction, but you cannot manage all SEP 12 Managers from a central location.

ddtech's picture

OK cool. Now if I already have SEP installed on clients at Site1, for example, and they talk back to Admin1 location, can I now install another copy of the manager at Site1, and redirect those clients to that server?

Thomas K's picture

See Chapter 17 "Managing disaster recovery", of the Implementation Guide  for instructions.

ftp://ftp.entsupport.symantec.com/pub/support/docu...

Note: The Symantec Protection Center system must have the same IP
address as the original Symantec Protection Center system. 

ddtech's picture

Maybe I didn't explain fully. I don't want to move the server. All my systems are on a WAN and my 7 locations are each on a different subnet and domain. Right now they all are managed by the Admin1 location. I want to have a SEP server at each location to handle definition updates. If I make a new install at each location, will I have to have multiple licenses or can I do this at all? My reasoning for this is to reduce network traffic to Admin1.

Thomas K's picture

For each SEP 12 server you will need a license. The Admin1 will not see these  7 locations in the console. You should look into SEP 11 for your needs. SEP 12 was really designed for a small business with one location to manage.

ddtech's picture

I see. I will look into that. Hopefully I can get the licenses I purchased changed over to v11. Thank you.