Multiple Site/Subnet client update options?
I've been looking for a solution to distributing live update content to the workstations on our domain for a while now but to no avail so I'm hoping someone here might have a possible solution as I've read everything I can find.
What the network is changing to:
1. Several dozen sites each with multiple subnets. Each site has it's own Active Directory Site.
2. No server on any site is on the same subnet as workstations on those sites. Their IPs start similarly though - i.e. site A could have 20 subnets, some allocated to servers, some to workstations but all would start with 192.168.x.x
3. Most sites have multiple workstation subnets
4. AD structure will be pretty flat so a large amount of workstations will be in the same OU (i.e. Sites do not have their own OU)
5. There are several thousand workstations that need to be managed
6. Most servers are 2003 R2, most workstations are XP 32 bit or windows 7 64 bit.
It's not possible to change any of the above, unfortunately.
Many sites are remote and ideally we'd like a content distributer on each site.
We are running SEP 11 RU5 (I believe, it's version 11.0.5002.333) and have one primary SEP manager with one backup.
After much research it doesn't appear that a Multiple GUP setup would work since all servers are on different subnets to the workstations (but please correct me if I'm wrong here). A single GUP setup would require manually maintaining groups on the SEPM so a lot of work - unless there is some way to automatically allocate existing and new workstation clients to groups based on specified criteria?
Any help would be great!
Thanks in advance,