Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

NB 7.5.0.3. Solaris master, need to set up exclude list on ubuntu 10.04

Created: 01 Oct 2012 • Updated: 01 Oct 2012 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello. As I've only used exclude lists on my Windows Master, I am having  a hard time finding current documentation that assists with exclude lists.

I have a new Ubuntu client, and want to restrict my backups from touching my content directory (for example, /usr/local/content).

This is what I've done - created exclude.txt on my Master, and included only /usr/local/content. Saved file as exclude.txt.

Still on master, I ran ./bpsetconfig -h my.ubuntu.host.edu -e exclude.txt

went through with no errors, but bpgetconfig on this same client brings back nothing as well:

/bpgetconfig -e exclude.txt  my.ubuntu.host.edu

My question being - is there an easier way to do this? Am I even doing this right on 7.5.0.3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

revarooo's picture

Login to the client, create the file /usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list

add the directories/files you want to exclude

Technote exclude_lists: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH30603

Technote bpsetconfig: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH66046

try using bpgetconfig -e exclude_list -h <client>

remember the file on the client is in /usr/openv/netbackup and is exclude_list (no .txt on the end)

SOLUTION
lovethatcheese's picture

revaroo -  thanks for the info. I noticed the previous commands that I ran, in creating the exclude file on the master first, then using bpsetconfig command,

actually put the exclude_list into the correct directory. I guess it can work both ways. Thanks!

_____

Current Environment - NB 7.5.0.4 on Master / Media Servers. 7+ and above on clients (Red Hat).

OS - Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise on all

All media servers have MSDP / attached tape drive / enabled SLP's

___