Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

nbdevconfig -creatests fails in NBU 7.0.1 because STS name is forced to lower case?

Created: 15 Oct 2010 • Updated: 29 Nov 2010 | 1 comment
TGillispie's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

We have a customer that tried to register an Open Storage server on a NBU 7.0.1 media (and master - tried both) server that failed because the storage server name was being forced to all lower case when passed in the get_server_prop call.

I tried this in a test setup with 7.0.1, and it worked fine.

I wouldn't have believed this was happening if I hadn't remotely accessed the customer's system and seen it for myself.

nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server UPPERCASE_NAME failed, and our plugin reported not being able to find config info for a storage server named "uppercase_name".  The failure from nbdevconfig was a "RDSM error"

When we changed the application configuration such that its storage server name was all lower case, and ran

nbdevconfig -createstst -storage_server uppercase_name

it succeeded.

What could the customer have done in the NBU (7.0.1?) config to cause it to force to lower case the STS name?

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Murray Butler's picture

Hi Tom,

I know it's been a bit, but does the customer have logs for this issue... We can't re-create it and are wondering what could be causing this....

thanks,

Murray

SOLUTION