NBU SharePoint GRT Restore - Database System Error
I have trawled through the many technotes on this subject, which seems to be a common cause for confusion, and still cannot progress past this error.
I have a simple Sharepoint 2007 setup as follows: 1 x WEB server, 1 x APPS server, 1 x SQL server. All servers W2K8R2, SQL 2K8R2.
I have done the following in preparation for the GRT Restore:
1. Install NBU 7506 client on each of the three SP servers
2. Set ALL NBU services on the 3 SP servers to run under an account which is Domain Admin, Local Admin, Sharepoint Admin and SQL sysadmin.
3. Set the SP credentials within the Windows tab of the client properties for all 3 SP servers to run as the SharePoint admin.
4. Installed NFS on the SQL server and disabled the NFS Server Service. (NFS is installed on the Master Server, Media Server is a 5230 - Linux)
5. Set up a VMWARE policy, specified all 3 SP servers (by query) and checked the ENABLE SHAREPOINT RECOVERY box in the VMWARE tab, Enable BLIB is un-checked.
6. Distributed Application Restore Mapping has been set with two entries: WEB to APP and WEB to SQL
Backups run fine, and I can restore a full VM image or a file level restore no problem.
I am having difficulty when I try and restore Sharepoint Resources (MS-Sharepoint policy type). When I select the APP server as source and target (or the app server as source and web as target) I can drill down through the SharePoint resources through the resources and folders. When I get to the 'tape drive' icon and try and expand it then I get the DATABASE SYSTEM ERROR. A restore job runs successfully in the Activity Monitor, even though I get the error in the GUI. There is no specific error message - just the DATABASE SYSTEM ERROR. Which logs will be of help here ?
I appear to be going around in corcles at this point, and would appreciate any advise as to what I may have missed......