Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

NBU5020 Current Deduplication factor

Created: 30 Aug 2012 • Updated: 19 Mar 2013 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Trying to identify a quick way to gather current deduplication factor for a two nodes(5020) storage pool.

Can easily see the available and used space from the Console (Reports > Capacity Dashboard )

However the compression factor is nowhere to be found. Also tried Opscenter with no luck.

( e.g. Something Like 12.5 X )

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Luis...

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Douglas_A's picture

if you setup a DataMine report it gives you the information pretty redily. you need to configure the datamine policy for something like daily if you are going to check this often.. usually i set it for weekly or monthly then i can review the data pretty easily.

Best of Luck,

Doug

Please remember to mark the most valuable answer to your issue as the solution.

LuisLiendo's picture

Thank you very much,, it worked great...

Did set the policy to run on a  weekly basis, ran manually and got the compression factor okay.

Douglas_A's picture

Glad it worked for you.. please remember to mark solutions so people get points :)

Best of Luck,

Doug

Please remember to mark the most valuable answer to your issue as the solution.

SOLUTION
sdo's picture

Chaps,

Where can I configure a "DataMine report"?

Dave.

Mark_Solutions's picture

Don't forget that if you just want to see a percentage of de-dupe you can see it in your activity monitor

Right click the top column - select Columns - Layout

Select "Deduplication Rate" - click the blue "show" icon and move it up to where you want it

It now shows a s a column with the dedupe percentage for every job

Hope this helps

Authorised Symantec Consultant

Don't forget to "Mark as Solution" if someones advice has solved your issue - and please bring back the Thumbs Up!!.