NBU188.8.131.52: nbemmcmd hangs
I have a problem which tortured me several days. thanks for your patience in advance!
we have a linux host lx0024nbumast(CentOS 5.9).
1) It was a remote media server and worked well. but then due to some reason, we need to tranfer it to be NBU master server.
2) at first we just re-install NBU server software, but during the installation log, the following error showed up.
Populating the database tables. This will take some time.
EMM interface initialization failed, status = 77
and after the install, the command "nbemmcmd -listhosts" hanged as below
[root@lx0024nbumast netbackup]# nbemmcmd -listho
NBEMMCMD, Version: 184.108.40.206
Failed to initialize EMM connection. Verify that network access to the EMM server is available and that the services nbemm and pbx_exchange are running on the EMM server. (195)
Command did not complete successfully.
3) we opened case with Symantec, and they suggest that we add “REQUIRED_INTERFACE = 10.124.2.39” to bp.conf and restart NBU services as well as PBX, since we have multiple active NICs on the linux NBU master. we tried that but didn't work.
4) and then I tried to un-install and re-install NBU7.5 again and again but with NO luck;
5) I had no choice, but decided to re-install OS, and then installed the box to be NBU master in a total refresh OS environment.
I made this yesterday: re-installed OS, installed NBU7.5 with single active NIC, upgrade to NBU220.127.116.11, enable all NICs, restart the OS and verify that everything seemed good!!!
6) but today the issue appears again!!! I found only1 of 3 policy succeed, the other failed....and I looked into the NBU only to find that "nbemmcmd" hangs again........
anyone who can show me how to fix this annoying issue?
thank you very much !!!