Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Need help with Malware protection on SAV 10.1.5.5000

Posted Jul 14, 2009 08:00 AM
    Hi This is my first post so take it easy :)

I'm working for a fairly large broadcasting company and recently we've been suffering alot of Malware problem. The question i have is:

Does SAV 10.1.5.5000 actually provide real time malware protection or is there some sort of add-on im needing to purchase? Also how are the updates done in relation to the malware and what is the best way for me to check the overall health and status of malware protection on our network.

Thanks for your help 

• 2.  RE: Need help with Malware protection on SAV 10.1.5.5000

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2009 08:06 AM
    hi,

though you are using the old version of SAV ( latest being 10.1.8) , the 10.1.5 will catch the threat on real time ( functionality of Auto Protection) , there is no need to buy add on. Yeah, you can upgrade the version.

Also how are the updates done in relation to the malware and what is the best way for me to check the overall health and status of malware protection on our network.
    Updates to client is the way you/administrator would hvae configured. It will be 1) from SAV parent server
    2) Symantec Liveupdate 3) Internal LiveUpdate administrator

The best way to check health status is through SSC console. This will give the real time information of client connected to server and their Av definition status.

Cheers
    Pete

• 3.  RE: Need help with Malware protection on SAV 10.1.5.5000

Posted Jul 14, 2009 08:09 AM
     Thank you for the fast response.

• 4.  RE: Need help with Malware protection on SAV 10.1.5.5000

Posted Jul 14, 2009 08:22 AM
     We also have some machines running 8.1.0.825. Will they be getting any form of real time scanning for Malware? They are under a SAV 10.x parent server. so they have the latest definition files but there engine is slight lower at 8.1.0.825 as opposed to 10.1.5

• 5.  RE: Need help with Malware protection on SAV 10.1.5.5000

Posted Jul 14, 2009 08:37 AM
    SAV protection on malware, but 1st u updated your windows critical patches.

kajal