File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0

Posted Jan 07, 2013 02:23 AM

Hi,

My name is Jiten and i m using PGP universal Server 3.2.0 . I have some query regarding it. my query is that Can i user multiple consumer policy to be effective for a single user in once.

Please answer me on my query if yes then how can i achive that.

Thanks,

Jiten

• 2.  RE: Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0

Posted Jan 07, 2013 04:59 AM

Hi Jiten,

You can only have one policy effective for 1 person at any one time.  You can drill into the user and see its "effective policy" via the web console of the Universal Server.  What exactly are you trying to achieve with more then one policy?

• 3.  RE: Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0

Posted Jan 07, 2013 05:07 AM

Actualy I have Made 4 groups with 4 consumer policy which are as mention below.

1. Internal HDD encryption Policy

2. USB driver Encryption Policy.

3. Net Share Enable Policy.

4. Virtual Drive Encryption Policy.

Now one user raise a request to have all upper from 1 to 3 policy to be applied on his User Account, but when i am doing that onle one policy is appliing in one time.

• 4.  RE: Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 07, 2013 06:57 AM

You would have to create a policy that has all settings from 1 2 and 3 together, and assign that user to that policy group.  You might be better off reconfiguring your policy to be based on user function rather than technological function i.e.:

• The Sales dept needs to have netshare enabled
    • The technical dept needs internal hdds encrypted, netshare and usb driver encrypted
    • The HR dept needs virtual drive and netshare

So instead of creating a policy based on internal hdd, usb etc., you create one for sales, one for technical and one for HR.

• 5.  RE: Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0

Posted Jan 07, 2013 07:27 AM

Hi Alex,

Thanks for helping me... This will help me more for easy policy configuration...

• 6.  RE: Need Help on PGP Universal Server 3.2.0

Posted Jan 07, 2013 09:09 AM

No problems glad I could help :)