Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Need Netbackup 7.0.1 update for AIX

Created: 14 Apr 2014 • Updated: 03 Jun 2014 | 11 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have netbackup 7.0 client for AIX.

Now I need the update package 7.0.1 for AIX.

I tried to download it from http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH139132

but failed.

Could any one help me by provide this update package?

Operating Systems:

Comments 11 CommentsJump to latest comment

Marianne's picture

NB_CLT_7.0.1.tar is the correct download. 

I am not aware of any other download link.  The file is quite big - 1.7 GB, meaning nobody will be able to provide it here as file attachment or via any other means.

All I can suggest is to try again. 

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links

Tauhid's picture

This link was working fine. But after downloading 95% through IDM download manager, the link is broken.

After that I am trying  again, but it shows the following error. Any siggestion?

download problem.JPG

Thanks Marianne.

Marianne's picture

Maybe clear browser cache and/or Download Manager cache?

Maybe a fellow Connect user can extract the AIX binaries and share on an ftp site? Or something like Skydrive or Dropbox?

I have nothing else to suggest... sorry.

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links

SymTerry's picture

I have had customers in the past that have not been able to download the software. Marianne is right, its really hard to troubleshoot this. Sometimes its the customers company network that kills it, and sometimes its their computer or server.

One of the easiest solutions, if your able to do so, is to download at home. If that's not an option, try to download from different machines within your network. I actually had one customer go to the local coffee shop and download it.

SOLUTION
Will Restore's picture

I'm surprised to get this immediately after clicking the link:

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #50.65c257b8.1397595915.7c48fad

Second attempt, no error, but a zero byte file.    I can only suggest try again later.

Will Restore -- where there is a Will there is a way

Tauhid's picture

I've tried all of the method.

-clear the cache/cookies.

-download manager reinstall

-download from another computer of the network

-download at home

same error occured.

Marianne's picture

Glad that it worked this time!

I have simply copied the download link in TECH139132.

Yes, seems it does not work like that! blush

Handy NBU Links

Will Restore's picture

I tried this morning too and while download is in progress it is v-e-r-y slow.

Will Restore -- where there is a Will there is a way

Tauhid's picture

Yes, It was very slow.

I start download at day and leave my office. Next working day I saw download is complete.

Marianne's picture

Welcome to my kind of download experience.... in Africa....

Handy NBU Links