NetBackup 5200/5220 Appliances 2.5.1 is now available!
I'm very pleased to announce that the next Maintenance Release for NetBackup 7.5 and Release Update for NetBackup 52x0 Appliances is now available!
NetBackup 22.214.171.124 is the fourth maintenance release for NetBackup 7.5. It is a cumulative release containing fixes and content from 126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52. In addition, this release contains an additional 315 fixes (bringing the total fixes in 184.108.40.206 to over 700!) including the most commonly downloaded EEBs, several customer escalations, and internal engineering defects.
The simultaneously released NetBackup 5200/5220 Appliances 2.5.1 Release Update is the equivalent Appliance patch release to NetBackup 220.127.116.11.
The significant content of NetBackup 18.104.22.168 is:
- No new features in 22.214.171.124. However, some features that were delivered in previous maintenance releases are included:
- Solaris 11 master server, Bare Metal Restore server and OpsCenter Managed Server support – delivered in 126.96.36.199
- NetBackup for VMware on SLES – delivered in 188.8.131.52
- PureDisk seeding utility – delivered in 184.108.40.206
- Client Direct Whole Image Mode – delivered in 220.127.116.11
- Multi-process nbostpxy for Client Dedupe – delivered in 18.104.22.168
- Fixes included in EVERY publicly available 22.214.171.124 hotfix are included in 126.96.36.199
- Other miscellaneous fixes across NetBackup which were not publicly released
Additional content applicable to Appliances 2.5.1 is:
- Improved agent for proactive support
- Support for OST 3rd party plug-ins
Information about 2.5.1 is available here:
NetBackup 5200/5220 2.5.1 Update
The 2.5.1 Update can only be applied to an Appliance already running at version 2.5.
To check to see if your particular Etrack is resolved in 2.5.1 (NetBackup 188.8.131.52), please refer to both sets of Release Notes: