Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Netbackup 7.5 - 5220 Appliance and NBAC - Access Control

Created: 10 Dec 2012 | 1 comment
SYMAJ's picture

I have a configuration with 1 x V7504 Master Server and 1 x 5220 Media Server (N251).  I have completed configuration and testing of the environment and am now locking it down with NBAC.

I configured the Master Server end of things (bpnbaz -setupmaster) and all was well.  I restarted the services on the Master.

I then did a bpnbat -login, followed by a 'bpnbaz -setupmedia <5220 media server name> -dryrun' which ran OK, then I repeated without the -dryrun.  The /usr/openv/var/vxss/AzHandleCache.data was not present on the appliance, so a restart of the appliance was then done to activate changes.  The Autohorization is set to AUTOMATIC (not REQUIRED yet).

Following all of this I can backup to the appliance but when I try and select the properties of the media server (appliance) it fails to connect with the message INTERNAL APPLICATION ERROR.  I cannot therefore get to the properties of the appliance media server.

Any ideas where I have gone wrong / what I have missed ?

AJ

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

SYMAJ's picture

One additional point to note, when I RMC on the 5220 Media Server in the host properties / media server section and select REFRESH SELECTED then it correctly populates all of the fields on the screen (O/S, O/S Type, Host Type, Version) and gives a status of connected - so it is 'talking' to the 5220 appliance.  However, if I RMC and select PROPERTIES or simply double click the 5220 media server I get the error INTERNAL APPLICATION ERROR....

AJ