Video Screencast Help

Netbackup 7.5 - 5220 Appliance and NBAC - Access Control

Created: 10 Dec 2012 | 1 comment
SYMAJ's picture

I have a configuration with 1 x V7504 Master Server and 1 x 5220 Media Server (N251).  I have completed configuration and testing of the environment and am now locking it down with NBAC.

I configured the Master Server end of things (bpnbaz -setupmaster) and all was well.  I restarted the services on the Master.

I then did a bpnbat -login, followed by a 'bpnbaz -setupmedia <5220 media server name> -dryrun' which ran OK, then I repeated without the -dryrun.  The /usr/openv/var/vxss/AzHandleCache.data was not present on the appliance, so a restart of the appliance was then done to activate changes.  The Autohorization is set to AUTOMATIC (not REQUIRED yet).

Following all of this I can backup to the appliance but when I try and select the properties of the media server (appliance) it fails to connect with the message INTERNAL APPLICATION ERROR.  I cannot therefore get to the properties of the appliance media server.

Any ideas where I have gone wrong / what I have missed ?

AJ

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

SYMAJ's picture

One additional point to note, when I RMC on the 5220 Media Server in the host properties / media server section and select REFRESH SELECTED then it correctly populates all of the fields on the screen (O/S, O/S Type, Host Type, Version) and gives a status of connected - so it is 'talking' to the 5220 appliance.  However, if I RMC and select PROPERTIES or simply double click the 5220 media server I get the error INTERNAL APPLICATION ERROR....

AJ