Netbackup 7.5 - Licensing
Hope anyone can help me on this.
My current scenario:
2x VNX 5300. Each VNX 5300 has two (2) X-Blades (NAS heads). Total of four (4) NAS heads all active at the same time.
Each VNX 5300 is a VTL itself (EMC DLT). Total of 31 Dell Blades running mix of windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 hyper-V
The NAS storage and VTL are located within the same disk enclosure or the same storage (I hope I'm making sense here).
I plan to deploy two (2) Backup servers.
1. I plan to use NDMP option for my NAS heads, since all four (4) NAS heads are active at the same time do I need two (2) NDMP or four (4) NDMP options?
---> As I understand my backup servers don't need to be connected to my VTL (VNX 5300) through fibre channel. Please correct me If I am wrong.
We are looking to execute backups that will pass through Fibre Channel network.
2. I plan to deploy two (2) backup servers. I understand I need two (2) Enterprise Server options for this. How many tape drives are supported for each server ? Do I need to purchase additional tape drive options similar to BE 2012 LEO? (Got sevral HP MSL4048 and 2024 tape libraries)
3. I plan to get Enterprise Disk Option, how is this licensed ? Per Backup server or storage capacity ?
4. How are Hyper-V agents licensed ? per host or per vms ? Got 31 blades all running Hyper-V, Will I need 32x Hyper-V agents ?
5. We want all backups to pass through the SAN (Fibre Channel) instead of the LAN. Do I need SAN client or SAN media server for this ? How is this license per host, per vm or capacity ?