Netbackup 7.5 for VMware and DB2 backup.
After long time I am creating this thread in NBU forum...........
We have the following:-
1. IBM Lotus 8.5 on RHEL 5 (64bit).
2. IBM Content Manager using DB2 9.7 on RHEL 5 (64 bit) used for Lotus Mail Archive. Websphare is used in this software bundle.
3. Two IBM TSM server(In VM ) were used to take Lotus mail backup and DB2 backup respectively.
4. VMware server.
5. A DELL storage server is used for all the VM (VMware datastore) and its in HA mode.
1. There is a IBM TSM (In a VM) taking backup of Lotus mail on to disk. (Disk Based backup).
2. Another IBM TSM (In VM) taking the DB2 backup (Lotus Archive Mail).
Now, we were planning to take DB2, Lotus Mail and VMs backup using NBU 7.5.
1. Can we replace both IBM TSM backup server which was used for taking Lotus mail and DB2 backup.
2. I am not sure that the NBU 7.5 can be used to take DB2 backup and is this DB2 backup will have the entire archive mail. In other word does DB2 backup will backup the Archive mail done by "IBM Content Manager".
3. Is there any restoration issue of this DB2 (Archive mail) on to the IBM Content Manager.
What are the pros and cons of replacement of IBM TSM, as this came bundled with IBM Content Manager.
Any best practice for this....