Video Screencast Help

Netbackup 7.5.0.6 Clients for AIX & Linux

Created: 21 Aug 2013 • Updated: 22 Nov 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

I've upgraded my Master Server from v7.5.0.3 to v7.5.0.6 which is running Solaris. Now i'm backing up Servers of different platforms (Solaris, Linux, AIX and HP-UX). For Solaris servers, i was able to 'FTP' the client software and installed it with no issues. Now i want to upgrade the other servers (Linux & AIX) but there's no install file on the clients folder under those 2 platforms and others, i only have a client for Solaris.

root:/opt/openv/netbackup/client/RS6000/AIX53# ls -l
total 0
root:/opt/openv/netbackup/client/RS6000/AIX53#

How does the install work?? Does it only install the packages of the Master Server (Solaris)?... becuase i had all the clients in my inatial install folder

root:/netbackup/Softwares/NBU_7.5.0.6# ls
NB_7.5.0.6.solaris.tar                VrtsNB_7.5.0.6.preuninstall           VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.MACINTOSH.tar.gz
NB_CLT_7.5.0.6.tar                    VrtsNB_7.5.0.6.solaris.tar.gz         VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.README
NB_update.install                     VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.HP-UX-IA64.tar.gz  VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.RS6000.tar.gz
VrtsNB_7.5.0.6.README                 VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.HP9000-800.tar.gz  VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.Solaris.tar.gz
VrtsNB_7.5.0.6.postinstall            VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.INTEL.tar.gz       VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.postinstall
VrtsNB_7.5.0.6.postuninstall          VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.Linux-IA64.tar.gz  VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.postuninstall
VrtsNB_7.5.0.6.preinstall             VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.Linux.tar.gz       VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.preinstall

So now, how do i upgrade my other servers? i remember i had the same problem with v7.5, i had to download Netbackup 7.5 CLIENTS separately. If this is still the case, then where do i find them been looking everywhere. 

Thanks in advance

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Marianne's picture

You need to start the NBU 7.5 Client install on the master server, then select the AIX and Linux client binaries.

When completed, you need to re-run the 7.5.0.6 patch install for the Client software. 
Run NB_update.install with '-p' to force-install the patch.

You will now be able to ftp client binaries or else use update_clients script.

Installation of Client software on the master is covered in NetBackup Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5154

See this topic in chapter 7: Adding a UNIX client after initial server installation

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links

SOLUTION
JSysEng's picture

Hi,

Ok, This is what i did on my Master Server (Solaris). I copied this file "VrtsNB_CLT_7.5.0.6.RS6000.tar.gz" to another directory and untar it and then moved the AIX53 folder to directory /usr/openv/netbackup/client/RS6000

I then ran the 'ftp_to_client' script, ran succesfully.
----------
ftp completed successfully.

The root user on <host> must now execute the command
"sh /tmp/bp.3442/client_config [-L]".  The optional argument, "-L",
is used to avoid modification of the client's current bp.conf file.

----------

Checked and it upgraded to v7.5.0.6

Thanks

Regards.