Netbackup Accelerator supported for NetApp CIFS share ??
I have an environment with Netbackup 22.214.171.124 on Windows 2008 that currently makes backup of several NetApp NAS to VTL using the NDMP protocol.
We are looking to make improvements in the backup/restore performance of those. I made a test for a backup using the Netbackup Accelerator technology on a CIFS share without any improvement. Details in the jobs log showed that accelerator was used, on first and following backups, but everything was copied again and no time improvement was observed.
I have found on the NetApp Documentation the following:
• Encrypted File System (EFS)
• Logging of NT File System (NTFS) events in the change journal
• Microsoft File Replication Service (FRS)
• Microsoft Windows Indexing Service
• Remote storage through Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM)
• Local user account creation from the User Manager or Microsoft Manager Console
• Quota management from Windows clients
• Windows quota semantics
• The LMHOSTS file
• NT File System (NTFS) native compression
Can anyone confirm that Accelerator can not be used on these ???
What would be the proper method to improve backup / restore performance over the NDMP protocol?
Thank you in advance,