NetBackup Media server performannce issue
We have recently setup a media server (win 2k8 standard edition) which is also a VMware backup host.
Any backup which involves data being read from this media server is very slow. There are messages like "starting bpbkar on client(32)" in activity monitor detailed job status and there is a gap of 10-15 mins before anything is sent to tape. Once started backups crawl at around 5 mbps and slowly increase to about 10 mbps.
So only backups which involve backing up the local disk of media server or backing up the SAN zoned VMDKs to this media server is slow.
1) Backups of any other clients(via LAN) through this media server has no issues and we get speed around 70-80 MBps.
2) There is no high CPU/mem/disk utilization on the media server while backup is running slow.
3) All the name resolution is happening via host files on clients/servers.
4) Have collected bpbkar logs in verbose around 200 MB, need to analyse the same as to what bpbkar waits on, in low verbosity however there were no messages being logged in this log making troubleshooting difficult.
5) No errors on windows event log.
6) Using Windows WSB to backup C drive to for example D drive is running fine, i.e , there are no disk performance issues, copy/paste etc are working at normal speed.
Thanks and Regards,