netbackup migration from 7.0 to 7.1
I am planing to migrate our Netbackup master/media/clients from the version 7.0 to 7.1.
The Netbackup system is installed on a Windows Server 2003 Standard edition 32bits with 4G of RAM.
I have some questions:
- Is it prefered to make the upgrade on a seperate server or it could be done on the same server?
I found on internet, while searching for a road map of the migration, the following steps:
- Building a new server with the same name, same IP address as the first one,
- Install the same version (the old version, 7.0) on it,
- Perform a hot catalog backup to disk from the old server, and restore it to the new one, then take it offline,
- Upgrade the netbackup to 7.1
I would like to know now, if these steps are correct? if there's something missing?
And how to upgrade the media server and the clients?
And is there any patches that i have to install later?