Netbackup scheduler backing up multiple db2 databases on a single server.
My high level question
- How does one schedule multiple db2 database backups on a single server using a single policy from netbackup scheduler.
- We run a consolidated db2 environment with 50 - 100 databases spread over 15 instances on a single AIX LPAR
- I have created a script based on the netbackup wizzard script that netbackup scheduler executes. This scripts throws multiple backups in the back ground
- Each of these backup command writes it's out put to a file on tmp
- Once all backgrupnd jobs has finished , the output files are read and the return codes analysed.
- The highest return code is returned to the scheduler.
My issue is that I only get one return code for the whole operation covering 50 - 100 databases. In ops centre it report on the streams the we started.
Is it possible to have a job per database and not per server in a single policy ?
ps. I am a db2 dba and not a netbackup administrator.