Netbackup for vms from VCENTER vs from VMs , Questions
We are testing netbackup to get daily ( incremental ) Backup for the VMs configuring the Vcenter
but feedback is :
1) the Admin says it seems slower than normal backup compared for the servers before conversion , is that correct ? is that because vmdk is used here ?
2) the VMWARE admin says it takes the same size everytime when making snapshot , that shouldnt be correct , right ? and if so , they will be using same datastore->may cause problems if full , that will make it full
3) if we install agent on the vms , that will be taking drives backup , will that cause any problems if we do restore for example ?
4) I have some vm which finishes the Backup but snapshot isnt deleted , i will check that again today to see, is this a common issue for some hosts ? the vm is with raw map devices , shall we exclude or change something when having backup for that vm ? or thats not rela
5) What is the main differences between this way and having agents on the vms ? management wise ? or vmdk restore issue ? or what exactly