Network Access Control

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Network Access Control 12.1 service is not in SEP Symantec Management client

• 1.  Network Access Control 12.1 service is not in SEP Symantec Management client

Posted Oct 06, 2011 08:49 AM

Hi,

I have Symantec Protectionn Suite Product.

I have upgraded SEP 11.6300  to SEP 12.1.

I have upgraded NAC version to 12.1 too and assigned NAC to intstalled packages in all groups in SEPM console.

When i open Symantec Managemnet Client on many clients i can see that NAC is installed.

but on some clients NAC is not available like it is not installed and there is a service named Symantec Network Access Control which it is stopped and it is disabled ,when i start and set this service as automatic after some time it will be disabled and stopped

We have installed SEP and NAC more than license quantity that we have imported to console because some pesonnel have been added to our company but i didn't know and support personnel has installed SEP on them.

I want to know it is technical issue or licensing issue ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Network Access Control 12.1 service is not in SEP Symantec Management client

Posted Oct 06, 2011 12:07 PM

To rule out if it is a licensing issue, are you seeing where SNAC is licensed under Admin > Licenses?

As far as over-deploying SNAC, SEP 12.1 will report that there is an over-deployment but it will not keep you from using unless I am mistaken. I would still recommend getting in touch with sales so they can put in a request to get you a 30day Temp license that will cover you until you are able to purchase more permanent licenses to cover.

• 3.  RE: Network Access Control 12.1 service is not in SEP Symantec Management client

Posted Oct 07, 2011 07:47 AM

Hi,

Thanks

I have submitted a support case but no one answred about this case!