Data Loss Prevention

View Only

Network Prevent for Email ver 12.5.2 sending redundant e-mail notifications to originator

• 1.  Network Prevent for Email ver 12.5.2 sending redundant e-mail notifications to originator

Posted May 13, 2016 05:11 PM

In our environment we are currently running 12.5.2000.01063 and we are testing in a QA environment prior to rolling out to production soon.  It just came to the attention of my team that when a policy is violated (intentionally for testing purposes) sometimes the systme will generate multiple notifications for the same incident.  In addition the redundancy is intermittent.  What I mean by this is in one test I may receive 3 sender notifications for the same offending e-mail and in the next text I may receive 7.  To further this it's not always redundant, I may receive only one notification that a policy was violated as would be expected.  

Upon further inspection of the e-mail headers we noticed this addtion "X-CFilter-Loop: Reflected" to the header, sometimes multiple times in the same header. At first I thought this was important but I now realize this is by design to indicate a message has been processed by DLP.  I do however; think this is one symptom of a larger problem, meaning this entry appears multiple times in a single header.

Any suggestions as to where the problem may be would be greatly appreciated.