Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

No VM's in Hyper-V HA field discovered by BEXEC 2012

Created: 23 Sep 2013 • Updated: 23 Sep 2013 | 4 comments

Hi,

I have 3 HV’s hosts (on separate physical servers) working with Windows Server 2012 as a Clauster. And at this moment (in future will be more) I have 2 VM’s guests:

• Windows Server 2008 R2 with Backup Exec 2012 SP2 server installed
  • Windows Server 2012 working as DC

On each HV’s host I install Agent for Windows ( I have license for 3 AGENT FOR VMWARE AND HYPER-V).  You can see my environment screen (1):

env1.jpg

(1)

I want to backup and restore VM’s in image level and whole HV hosts. But I have some problems in each hosts I don’t see VM and .vhd files in Microsoft Hyper-V (2) (no SDR ON why ?):

nvhd3.jpg

(2)

On the cluster node the same problem:

nvhd22.jpg

(3)

I read of course some articles and I know that I need backup Hyper-V HA from this plece (3) not from C:\ClusterStorge\Volume1.

So my questions are:

1. What do I need configure to get acces to my VM's from Microsoft Hyper-V HA Virtual Machines in my backup configuration ?

2. Where can I find (I know admin guide) information about restore full HV host and guest in environment similar to me ?

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Jaydeep S's picture
1. Add BESA account to the Local Administrator group on all nodes of the Hyper-V cluster
2. Add the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA) account with full rights in the Cluster manager for the Hyper-V Cluster Resource/Name
3. If you do a Vssadmin List Writes on the nodes of the Hyper V are you able to see Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer as stable. Are there any Event id 12301 or 12366 or 10107

rooney's picture

Thx for your fast answer.

1. done

2. done

3. On all 3 hosts Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer State: [1] Stable

4. BEXEC server restarted

Still the same problem. Do you have any ideas to deal with it ?

Jaydeep S's picture

This does look tricky. I would suggest you to open a support case so that all the relevant logs can be analyzed for faster solution.